There are two ways you can sail as a family with Classic Sailing.
One – Join an existing voyage.
The simplest way is to join an existing voyage that is suitable for the age range of your family.
The following vessels take children with their patents or legal guardian subject it to being a shortish voyage.
From 12 and upwards
- · Ann of Charlestown·
- · Irene
- · Mascotte·
From 8 and upwards
- Blue Clipper
Oosterschelde takes children of any age.
- The suitable voyages will include overnighting onboard in anchorages, on moorings or island pontoons. Very occasionally we may use a marina.
- They are also unlikely to include overnight sailing, but with sailing you can never say never.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for as long as they have been agreed in advance. You can’t pop out and buy Soya Milk from an anchorage!
Link to Short Breaks
Two – Own boat charter with Skipper and professional crew.
Imagine having your own Classic Sailing vessel for your next family holiday. Your own floating home for the day, weekend or week as you journey from place to place.
Home cooked local food prepared in the galley by the expert chef and al fresco dining in the sunshine as the sea laps at the side of the hull.
Barefoot landings on deserted beaches, escaping the tourist hot spots in the height of summer.
Plenty of entertainment for the younger ones or teenagers as they learn how to sail and handle a traditional historic ship, just like they used to back in the day. Don’t just take our word for it!
Our best bits were:
1. Miriam climbing the mast on her 12th birthday, full of the cake that Freya had baked on board, fresh from blowing out the candles and hearing everyone sing;
2. taking part in exciting and fun sailing – from sweating and tailing sheets, to navigation and helming;
3. rowing ashore to explore a variety of otherwise hard-to-reach islands. –
Family Holiday on Grayhound off the Coast of Brittany 2018 by B. Sellick
It’s not so simple to organise a whole boat charter as we have to an entirely empty voyage to offer you.
So the earlier in the season you can book the more choice there is.Short Breaks