Ten Reasons Sailing Holidays are Great Value.
1. You know all your costs in advance. You may run up a bar bill but that is your decision.
2. Prices include all your meals
3. Your accommodation is included
4. All the safety kit is provided for you
5. Morning and afternoon refreshments are included
6. You get excellent personal attention
7. You are trained in all activities onboard by the professional crew.
8. Your money is helping maintain the traditional sailing industry
9. You meet new people without having to provide hospitality
10. You are benefiting your health see our article “Is the Sea Good for the Soul”.
Classic Sailing exists to help conserve our maritime heritage.
At Classic Sailing we still believe the best way to conserve our maritime heritage and traditional sailing skills is for historic vessels to go sailing on the sea, not stuck in a museum.
A working ship at sea with paying crews is a financial model that has worked well for many organisations all over the world. But we are not living in normal times, and as usual the most valuable intangible things in society start to suffer when things get tight.
Classic Sailing is run by professional sailors and we have spent nearly 25 years promoting and running traditional vessels and tall ships. We have added as much revenue as we could to many organisations both private and charitable helping keep tall ships and maritime skills alive.
Despite the turmoil in the world and financial insecurity, past customers are returning to sailing as they love it as much as we do.
You may know all about traditional sailing already but we need new sailors as we never have before, 2 years of covid pandemic has left a whole in the numbers of sailors. We need to fill that gap with new, keen, excited sailors.
Can you help?
Please spread the word that sailing tall ships and traditional vessels is exciting, exhilarating, good for you and a great environmental holiday. Beginners do not need any sailing experience.
Learn how the “Sea is good for your soul”