Your first Command Step
This is course is the big step, from near zero you go to understanding the charts and how to use them. It is extremely popular because it is very rewarding, once completed your confidence will have a solid base for all that follows.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night sailing.
There will be lots.
Oh wow that’s how you do it moments!
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and life rafts
How long is the course?
The course is targeted to take 40 hours including two exam papers.
How much is the course?
RYA Day Skipper Theory Course Was £295 – NOW – £245.00RYA Day Skipper Theory Course Was £295 – NOW – £245.00