Join our Mailing List
WHAT’S YOUR INTEREST?
- How to sail tall ships.
- The Tall Ships Races.
- My first sail.
- Learning about tall ships.
- Working on tall ships.
- Names of sails and ship parts
Why is the Tall Ship Guidebook so useful?
- No worries. even on your first voyage this book will help overcome newcomer concerns.
- Readers have helped tell us what you want to know.
- The diagrams make it easy for you to learn the parts of a ship, mast or sail.
- The words we use are easy for you to understand and the nautical jargon falls naturally into place as you progress through the guidebook.
- Lots of full-colour photos.
- 104 pages of practical information
Why is it the best
- Some ships have handbooks that tell you how they want things done.
- The Tall Ships Guidebook explains why things have to be done and how to achieve them but points out that different ships may do things in slightly different ways.
- This knowledge allows you to be flexible without being upset if it’s not quite what you expected.
- The Tall Ship Guidebook is an 104 page PDF you can download and print.
- Imagine standing in the bows as the wind powers the ship through the sea and beside you dolphins are playing in the bow wave.
- You could be ‘the person’ on lookout duty tasked to watch out for wildlife, navigational features and other ships.
- We’ll give you top tips on spotting wildlife and making lookout duty one of your favourite duties.
- What’s the worst thing about a new situation?
- Feeling like a newbie and not knowing what to do or what to expect.
- No worries,
- The Guidebook will give you the knowledge and a special chapter on ‘How to prepare for your first Voyage’ wilt take the worry out of the situation.
Caution, it can change your life!
Many people people have had big career changes as a result of tall ship sailing. As an example a young woman sailed with Debbie and Adam on a tall ship and our small pilot cutter Eve of St Mawes. At the time she was completing a Music Degree at Edinburgh University. Now she is a Master Mariner and Ice Master of oil or chemical tankers, you don’t find higher qualifications than that in the Merchant Navy.