Tenacious is run by a charity which in itself is fortunate to be supported by various charitable trusts, foundations, individuals and organisations who provide bursary funding to help those who might find it difficult to fundraise for or self-finance their voyage fees.
Different bursary funds are available throughout the year, and each fund has specific criteria which ties in with the provider’s charitable activities. These criteria could be related to a specific area, age range or community, and are set by the bursary provider.
If you would like to apply for a bursary, please contact Classic Sailing. We will ask you a few questions to help determine which funds you may be eligible for.
We’d also like to know why you should be considered for bursary funding, and any relevant information you might think would support your application. You may want to think about what you hope to gain from your voyage, and how this might be beneficial for you in the future.
Here are some examples of bursary pots, and the type of criteria in place:
- Serving or retired Service Personnel (with a service number)
- Funding available for 75% of the true voyage cost. (Please remember the price advertised is already discounted from the true cost of the voyage.)
Army Cadet Force
- You must be a member of your local Army Cadet Force. Please contact your local Detachment for details.
- You must be under 25 years old, or
- Identify as a disabled person.
Worshipful Company of Shipwrights
- Under 25 years old
- Preference to support London based young people, or, those interested in a career at sea
Norfolk Berth Appeal
- Live in Norfolk county
- For some funds, age restrictions apply.
- Must live in one of 14 specified counties in Southern England.
There are many other bursary pots available.
If you have any questions, please contact Classic Sailing for details. firstname.lastname@example.org
“Please know that your bursary has enabled me and others like me, to have a voyage of a lifetime and I will never forget the experience. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”Helen, 25
Sailing on Tenacious is for all abilities